Monday, March 22, 2010

War is. . . Soldiers, Survivors and Storytellers talk about War

War is. . . Soldiers, Survivors, and Storytellers talk about War

Edited by Marc Aronson and Patty Campbell

Published by Candlewick Press 2008 277 pages

Genre: Nonfiction, Short Story Collection, and Historical Fiction

Reading Level: Young Adult

Summary: This is a non fiction book that accurately depicts all of the horrors and complications of war. It covers all of the major wars that the US has been since World War II.

Response: I learned a lot from this book. I learned there is a lot more to war than meets the eye. I never liked war and I know that it was a horrible thing, but there are so many more facets to war than I realized.


Cautionary notes: Brief strong language, intense scary moments, and graphic descriptions of violence

No comments:

Post a Comment